• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Choosing Correct Tire and Wheel Size for Drag Racing Application

BlkSnk

Mar 24, 2009
I'm trying to make an informed decision on what wheel tire combo I should run this season. It's been some time since I've done this type of research and I'm getting aggravated as to what I should be looking for.

I want to run a 15x10.5 non W tire, but I'm unfamiliar as to what wheel sizes will fit this tire and not cause rubbing/clearance issues. Specifically I'm confused as to whether or not I should run a 15x8 wheel or 15x10 wheel?

My second issue is deciding what height tire I should run? I know there is many factors related to this in regards to rear end ratio, gear ratio, final drive ratio, and tire height etc. My ultimate goal here is to keep the car in the powerband through the traps but I also know that a taller or shorter tire may effect rpm and mph. Does anyone know of a useful calculator that would help identify this information?

I'm assuming that I have the option to run a total of four typical combos.
15x8 wheel with 15x10.5x26 tire
15x10 wheel with 15x10.5x26 tire
15x8 wheel with 15x10.5x28 tire
15x10 wheel with 15x10.5x28 tire

I am currently running a T45 with factory ratios and a 4.30 rear end gear.

Thanks for any help

The car is a 97' Cobra

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• B
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list