• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Front Coilovers Done!

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
So Im finally finished, I decided to leave the car at 26 5/8, this is from flat floor to fender. Im going to wait a week let the springs settle, and then lower it a little more if I need to to 26 1/2.

The only problem that I have is when my wheel is fully turned in left or right position my rim/weight is scraping on the a arm. What the hell am I gonna do about that. Last pic shows the paint peel. Part of the rim is touching as well It polished the lip on the inside of the rim. :mad:

Attachments

• Picture 642.jpg
    Picture 642.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 100
  • Picture 643.jpg
    Picture 643.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 101
  • Picture 644.jpg
    Picture 644.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 102
  • Picture 646.jpg
    Picture 646.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 103

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Yes I was planning on this. Besides my tire being a curb rash protector Im not sure about being cupped. What exactly is cupped?

Run your hands across the edge of the tread, if it's not smooth it's cupped. With each tread block you'll feel a bump. There's nothing you can do about it with staggered fitment directional tires. It'll start to get loud eventually, but yours don't look bad.

ITLLOWNU

oh hai!
Jan 1, 2008
Thanks man. So how did u end up fixing your problem did u use a 1/8 spacer?

yes .. 1/8 spacer used :D your rub appears to be very minimal by looking at the pics... if you are at the steering lock or very very close to lock when it starts to rub than an 1/8 should work..but if you hit long before, then it might not be enough.

also make sure your camber is correct too..that will have minimal effect on clearance , but every bit helps

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info