• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Getting traction in cobra

sonic02gt

Kona Blue shelby
Sep 18, 2005
Not impressed with my 12.01 at 116 yesturday was my best i was getting bad wheel hop at times out of the hole and something is squeaking at high rpms in third and 4th gear possible blower or something is a hard launch bar nescessary ? also i am thinking about going to a 3:73 gear over my stock gear

should i just change shock and struts

or do shocks struts and hard launch bar :confused:

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
I think you just need to go back and learn what your car likes and what it doesnt like.

It takes some time to figure out a launch technique with the IRS so that you dont get wheelhop, you have to slip the shit out of it, I noticed you were almost flooring it off the line and its really hard for drag radials to bite in 1st gear at WOT.

I wouldnt spend any more money on the car, I think now you just need to keep trying and get the best out of what you got.

just my honest opinion.

sonic02gt

Kona Blue shelby
Sep 18, 2005
I think you just need to go back and learn what your car likes and what it doesnt like.

It takes some time to figure out a launch technique with the IRS so that you dont get wheelhop, you have to slip the shit out of it, I noticed you were almost flooring it off the line and its really hard for drag radials to bite in 1st gear at WOT.

I wouldnt spend any more money on the car, I think now you just need to keep trying and get the best out of what you got.

just my honest opinion.

i was always sliping it and never went higher then 1500 to 1800 rpms i used to never have this problem before i went to level 5's and mm irs rear grip kit now im getting wheel hop like i made the rearend too stiff or something should of just put a stock halfshaft back in or went solid anybody use the hard launch kit and do you think a pair of good shocks and struts will make a big difference on traction ? its also sorta hard to slip a dfx clutch

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
think i might also add a 3:73 gear i need just alittle more to get my ass in the 11's :D

KB cobra shouldn't need a gear to get into the 11's, plus that will just make traction harder to get. If you have a hard time driving it with a stock gear it's just gonna get harder with a 3.73.

Izzy is right, you need practice not parts.

Wiked L

Wiked03's Bitch
Apr 1, 2004
yeah when hanz looks at it this week maybe he can find whats wrong sounds like blower is going bad at high rpms and i need some good shocks and struts for some weight transfer or maybe a 2lb lower for some more boost

Spending more money is not going to fix things. I watch you at the line and you spend too much time wheel hopping your way down the track. Just like everyone is saying you need driving practice.

sonic02gt

Kona Blue shelby
Sep 18, 2005
Spending more money is not going to fix things. I watch you at the line and you spend too much time wheel hopping your way down the track. Just like everyone is saying you need driving practice.

my car never wheel hoped until i went to level 5's and all bushings i never had this problem till now sunday wasnt my first time at the track i know how to drive the cobra if i dont get it fixed im just going to put a built ass solid in it :headbang:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info