• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Pulley Squeak

VIPERKILLER

ViperKiller Inc.Since '99
Apr 11, 2006
FAN Squeak

Im trying to pin down which pulley or accessory it is that is squeaking. i only notice it when i shut the car off, i can hear it squeak a few times for a few revolutions. Im going to try and see if I can pin it down myself, and see which one it is. My question is, what product or lubricant is safe to rid myself of this noise. thanks guys!

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Im trying to pin down which pulley or accessory it is that is squeaking. i only notice it when i shut the car off, i can hear it squeak a few times for a few revolutions. Im going to try and see if I can pin it down myself, and see which one it is. My question is, what product or lubricant is safe to rid myself of this noise. thanks guys!

It may be your alternator, I just went through this. But if its not, then your belt may be too old and stretched out I also went through this, this also causes annoying squeaks.

VIPERKILLER

ViperKiller Inc.Since '99
Apr 11, 2006
It may be your alternator, I just went through this. But if its not, then your belt may be too old and stretched out I also went through this, this also causes annoying squeaks.

i hope its not, its a brand new alternator, only a month old. and this just started recently. ill see what i can figure out with the limited resources I have here at my apt.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• V
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list