• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

e85 tunning

im intrested of tunning my car on e85 and was wondering what are the pros and cons of running a cobra on e85. my car is pushing 500-550 rwhp and was wondering what size injectors could i run. othere then injectors i shouldnt have a problam. im running a return style fuel system with a a1000 pump with aftermarket lines and rails. As of right now i have 60lbs on the car.

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
I've looked into this as well. Would be a great option if there were any tuners that tuned E85 around here. This stuff is huge up north and in the plains. Many of the tuners are in MN, ND, etc.

PROS - car runs cooler, inexpensive race fuel options (cheaper than pump gas), burns clean (nice to mother nature), boost friendly fuel for sure when tuned correctly - can make big power.

CONS - fuel system upgrades needed, higher volume needed (generally 30-40% more), different grades of E85 depending on time of year and location so quality can differ, lack of experienced E85 tuners in this area

I will be running E85/E98 in the next year or two once I upgrade to a Big Stuff or FAST system to have 100% control over the fuel/tuning issues.

I just dont know if I can trust the stuff yet trying to run 20+ PSI of boost.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info