• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Coil Over Time!

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005

Attachments

• Picture 029.jpg
    Picture 029.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 138
  • Picture 035.jpg
    Picture 035.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 139

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
very nice, are those qa1's? lets see some installed pics!

Strange. They work with stock shocks thats what I wanted for now. IM still working on the install I have one side in so far. Im having some trouble figuring out what spacer to use because I have MM caster camber plates. There are 4 spacers and Im not sure how to set them up, I need to call MM.

By spacer I mean the one that slides on the piston shaft and sits on top of the caster camber plate and under the shock secure nut.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Instal pics.
The last 2 are of the spacers Im talking abut, MM directions state you should use all 4. There are 2 small spacers and 2 big spacers. I have one big one on bottom and one big and one small on top. I cant figure out how to put the last one on cuz the strut nut well simply I dont have any thread to make it catch. And Im not even sure if thats the order that the spacers need to go on. Anyone have a clue?

Attachments

• Picture 628.jpg
    Picture 628.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Picture 627.jpg
    Picture 627.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Picture 635.jpg
    Picture 635.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 81
  • Picture 633.jpg
    Picture 633.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 80
  • Picture 631.jpg
    Picture 631.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 78

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
i have upr coil over..they are a simple install.....what i did discover is there are come caster camber plates that are not made to work with coil over kits.....i had bbk caster camber plates and they dont work with coil over kits....just a heads up

I have the maximum motorsports and they do state in the instructions that they are also made to work with coilover setups. Their website states they can accomodate up to 5inch drops.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
your all good then!! good luck! you need anything let me know

Thanks. I talked to Maximum Motorsports today, they said as long as my upper spring perch is not making contact to the cc plates it does not matter how many spacers I use on the top. But they did say that use as less as possible on the bottom side. With the mm cc plates you have to have atleast one spacer on bottom and top you dont have to use all 4.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info