• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Finally took the snake to the track :)

PNSH3R

Regular
Mar 7, 2008
Here is my first time at the track with the Cobra..
Well, weather finally got better here and it warmed up to a cozy 45 degrees. Track was open and I figured that it would be a good time to go and waste some of the super sticky stock tires on the Cobra. And so it went down..... Here is the first pass :wacko:

IMG_0001.jpg

Needless to say, I was not very happy with that. And going sideways in 4th gear was no fun either. I just could not hook worth of crap and 3rd was spinning all the way to the top as well. :/
A couple of hours later (and about 12 passes), a MIRACLE finally happened and I found some traction. first gear was still useless, more than half of second had to be feathered and I was still spinning third but managed to get a time decent enough for the stock tires and track conditions. So, here is the final Slip for the night

Flame away :) :devil:

& PS There were two C6Z06s there as well, oe manual and other automatic. And best they got was 12.3 @ 118 mph. They got out the hole alot better than me, too and them tires were wiiiiiideeeee lol So, I did not feel too bad walking away with this slip.
IMG_0002.jpg

PNSH3R

Regular
Mar 7, 2008
this thing was automatic. I was drooling over both of them for a while. LoL Blue one had a manual transmission, and the orange one was automatic. I was watching them go down the track a couple of times, too. Blue one would aways get ahead. Not sure if it is aftermarket thing or not, but it looked factory-done to me.

PNSH3R

Regular
Mar 7, 2008
it was at great lakes dragway.
I am pretty sure that with better tires the trap should be a tad over 120 and I should be in mid 11s at least. But, so much for benchmark racing. lol Considering that my 60ft was so bad, and I could not really nail it until top of third I am happy. ;) And Bob's tune sure works. I made a few back to back passes without any issues.

PNSH3R

Regular
Mar 7, 2008
I think he is trapping higher because of all the wheel spin. Correct me if I'm wrong but if he had caught traction all the way he would have trapped much lower.

I can understand why you would think that - but, the logic is wrong. :dancenana:
While spinning the car is not accelerating as fast it it could... it has got more power than what is used to accelerate the car - hence the slow pass, and the lower trap. Car doesn't really start accelerating to its full potential..until halfway down the track... if it hooked earlier it would be accelerating earlier and harder, too.
If instead of spinning the tires - the car hooked, and all the power was used to accelerate it..... it would have picked up more speed during the first half of the run than it does when the tires are spinning.
Hope that makes sense...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info