• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Supercharger Oil - What to use?

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I've been unable to locate any of the Ford XL-4 supercharger oil.
I ordered it from a Web site that said they had it ready to ship but I never received it. After calling them, it turns out they claim it's a "hazardous material" and can't ship it (even though they took my order, fucking morons). If that's really true and they weren't BSing me, what the hell is in that stuff?

Anyway, what oil do you guys use in your Eaton?
I heard that you can use BP 2380 Turbo Oil. Anyone try it?

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
I've been unable to locate any of the Ford XL-4 supercharger oil.
I ordered it from a Web site that said they had it ready to ship but I never received it. After calling them, it turns out they claim it's a "hazardous material" and can't ship it (even though they took my order, fucking morons). If that's really true and they weren't BSing me, what the hell is in that stuff?

Anyway, what oil do you guys use in your Eaton?
I heard that you can use BP 2380 Turbo Oil. Anyone try it?

I used the oil Kenne Bell sent me, I think its 50w its greenish in color. $10 for the bottle. But good luck getting through on the phone its a joke......

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Ok, I ordered the BP 2380 Turbo Oil, so I guess I'll be the guinea pig on this one. It seems to be highly regarded in the Lightning and Super Coupe crowd on their M90's. It has much better specs than just straight-up synthetic 10W-30 motor oil and it's fully synthetic unlike the GM supercharger oil.

If it blows up my Eaton, you'll be the first to know. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info