• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Head tick

-=SVT=-

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2006
Hi i was wondering who here has had the head replacement for there cobra, mine clearly has it but hawk ford in oak lawn would not do it. Was wondering what dealerships you guys have gone to get the new head.
thanks

I have heard from people that have swaped heads and the tick still is there. DOHC tick alot. My car has ticked from day one nothing has come of it. Just my imput thats all!!

about2bite

SVTNProgress
Oct 13, 2007
These motors are loud, make sure it's not an exhaust leak. What weight oil are you running? You could try a heavier weight oil next time. A lot of people worry about the tick because they read about it and hear everyone mentioning it but I have yet to see any fellow cobra owners who actually have/had it, or who have known anyone to have it.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
X2 on Sutton.

My car has a slight, very slight tick, but that is the motor.

You sure it's not your belt causing the tick? How loud of a tick is it? Also, there should be a blue tag that is visible on the "I believe" the drivers side, that indicates those are the better heads without the tick. Check for that.

bmxer89

Regular
Sep 4, 2008
X2 on Sutton.

You sure it's not your belt causing the tick? How loud of a tick is it? Also, there should be a blue tag that is visible on the "I believe" the drivers side, that indicates those are the better heads without the tick. Check for that.

No it pretty loud tick, i do not have the blue head. Kinda worrys me.

about2bite

SVTNProgress
Oct 13, 2007
X2 on Sutton.

Honestly I don't think the blue has anything to do with better heads if I remember correctly.

ITLLOWNU

oh hai!
Jan 1, 2008
the head tick problem even occured on the 04 yrs as well and ford didnt issue a revised head until jan 05' .

the jan 05 heads have revised water ports and more threads for the plugs too.

a set of these heads will be worked over and find themselves a seat on the top of my new motor :eek:....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info