• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

What amp alternator on 03-04 cobras?

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
So at 29k spinnin the crap out of the alternator , the bearings r finally wore out . It's whistling everytime I press the clutch it and on cold startups. When I went 4# lower I threw on 3.5 alternator pulley but it was too late. Today I ordered a motorcraft 130 amp alternator , but I'm not sure if it's suppose to b 180 amp. Can someone clarify this? Alternator was 229 new and $210 after my discount not bad, I pick it up tomorrow.

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
So at 29k spinnin the crap out of the alternator , the bearings r finally wore out . It's whistling everytime I press the clutch it and on cold startups. When I went 4# lower I threw on 3.5 alternator pulley but it was too late. Today I ordered a motorcraft 130 amp alternator , but I'm not sure if it's suppose to b 180 amp. Can someone clarify this? Alternator was 229 new and $210 after my discount not bad, I pick it up tomorrow.
you didnt just order a replacemnent for your application? or was there choices?

Logan@DeansPerformance

Tai Ni Po Ni
Dec 1, 2006
No there is only one alternator outhere really , the only choice you have is the amps. And if you go w a 4# lower go w a 3.5in alt pulley. It's a common thing they go out fast on pullied cars cuz they r overspun.

there are two types of alternators, i had to clarify this when i bought a replacement...i still have yet to put it on because mine stopped making noises

sonic02gt

Kona Blue shelby
Sep 18, 2005
i think my car is doing the same thing at start ups maybe i should have hanz change alt too

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info