• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Eaton coming off...

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
Allright folks, Im getting ready to embark on this journey of swapping blowers, Im gonna be off for a couple of weeks so Ill have plenty of time to chase parts and do some research.

I will up date the thread with pics. to show my progress and I hope you guys can give me some tips because I know I will need them.

I think taking it off is pretty straight forward, but the devil is in the details when it comes to putting it back on the correct way so that will be my main concern.

Pics coming soon...

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
Ok here is pics. of when I started:

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005-4.jpg

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
cool, Ill have to look for that steel gasket, what about the lower manifold to heads gaskets? do I need new ones??

I was also wondering about the bolts, I read that the manifold to heads are torque to yield and you need to replace them but what about the blower to lower manifold ones?

01Sleeper

TCG Elite Member
Dec 11, 2004
You don't have to do breathers, but if you do then you should plug it. I actually found that with breathers it was making under my hood really dirty, so I actually went with a catch can setup now where both valve covers go to one spot. I can take some pics if you want, or you can take a look at it next weekend.

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
You don't have to do breathers, but if you do then you should plug it. I actually found that with breathers it was making under my hood really dirty, so I actually went with a catch can setup now where both valve covers go to one spot. I can take some pics if you want, or you can take a look at it next weekend.
Cool, yeah Ill look at your setup next saturday:dancenana:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info