• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Intercooler pump connector part#?

PNSH3R

Regular
Mar 7, 2008
don't know if this will help but just a little more info on this...
I've had the same issue and wiggling the connector would bring the pump to life (also found out while car was on the dyno and tuned by Bob). We've concluded that it was loose connection on the pump side (originaly thought that it was the plug & that it has a piece broken off). Well, few days later I lowered the pump (without disconnecting the hoses) and pulled the back casing of the electric motor off - and immediately saw the problem. The brushes have been so worn down that they did not make good contact on the slip-rings, and the dust from them was making a short (not sure why the fuse was not blowing). So, I cleaned out the dust, readjusted the tension on the spring that pushes the brushes against the slip-rings and my IC pump works like a champ again.
Not saying all this work was worth it, but you might also have the same issue. Btw, this was on a car with 44K miles (pump is the original one I am pretty sure).
We were pretty sure that it was the connector and wiggling it would make the pump come on (though I had to keep the connector pressed). This connector sits on there pretty loosely and mine looked like it has a piece of it broken off (oval piece missing at the end). But, it is actually the way that they are designed.
Just some food for though. And, also it is very easy to pull down the pump & look at it. There is only one bolt that needs to be removed and the pump can be lowered. If you jack up the passenger front side of the car, and turn the streering wheel all the way to the left - there is plenty of room to work with.
Hope this helps.

chet3310

TCG Elite Member
Dec 21, 2008
don't know if this will help but just a little more info on this...
I've had the same issue and wiggling the connector would bring the pump to life (also found out while car was on the dyno and tuned by Bob). We've concluded that it was loose connection on the pump side (originaly thought that it was the plug & that it has a piece broken off). Well, few days later I lowered the pump (without disconnecting the hoses) and pulled the back casing of the electric motor off - and immediately saw the problem. The brushes have been so worn down that they did not make good contact on the slip-rings, and the dust from them was making a short (not sure why the fuse was not blowing). So, I cleaned out the dust, readjusted the tension on the spring that pushes the brushes against the slip-rings and my IC pump works like a champ again.
Not saying all this work was worth it, but you might also have the same issue. Btw, this was on a car with 44K miles (pump is the original one I am pretty sure).
We were pretty sure that it was the connector and wiggling it would make the pump come on (though I had to keep the connector pressed). This connector sits on there pretty loosely and mine looked like it has a piece of it broken off (oval piece missing at the end). But, it is actually the way that they are designed.
Just some food for though. And, also it is very easy to pull down the pump & look at it. There is only one bolt that needs to be removed and the pump can be lowered. If you jack up the passenger front side of the car, and turn the streering wheel all the way to the left - there is plenty of room to work with.
Hope this helps.

Exactly the same situation with me. I even sprayed cleaner and greased the connection today and the same thing. I will lower it tomorrow and do the same thing. Thanks again for this, because I was lost originally. By the way my car just rolled over 44k :) too!

PNSH3R

Regular
Mar 7, 2008
Np. If you have the patience to reassemble the pump (putting the brushes back in place and slipping them back on takes some work) and at least 1/4" of the brushes left in there you will see that the pump will work fine. And, judging from the pm that you sent me you had all that carbon-metallic dust on the inside as well. And, since you have to replace the pump anyway just hold off on the connector as you will probably not need it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info