• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Midpipe Question with a Whipple Upgrade

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
I am going to finally get underway with the install of my Whipple and the supporting mods that need to go with it after a year of going back and forth between a Whipple and just a pulley.

I currently have a Borla stinger cat back and I was wondering if a new midpipe is needed or will the stock one suffice?

1st off... Congrats on going the Whipple direction. You'll love it!

I would definitely go with a different midpipe.

With that being said... and the fact you are running a Stinger catback... May I suggest a freer flowing "catted" H or X pipe.

SONICobra

ITS STOK
Dec 1, 2005
So a catted is recommended over a OR? As mentioned above will I need to re-tune if I decided to do the install later??

personal prefrence, if youre a real man you would enjoy an o/r pipe :p j/k some guys dont like a real loud exhaust, for me the louder the better. i had an o/r bassani x-pipe with my original stingers and LOVED LOVED LOVED the way it sounded and was only pulled over once for it, but just given a warning :headbang:

if you do go with an o/r pipe you just need to have the check engine light taken off in your tune unless you have obd2 bypass connectors.

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
So a catted is recommended over a OR? As mentioned above will I need to re-tune if I decided to do the install later??

The tune question I will leave to the experts, but, the reason(s) I said freer flowing "catted" midpipe...

1) Better flow with the Whipple v.s. stock midpipe.

2) Being that you have a stock midpipe on there now with the Stingers... An o/r midpipe might be a little overkill in the decibel department for you, but, if you like it loud... An o/r midpipe is the way to go.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
The rears 02s can be shut off in a tune or you can purchasethe MIL eliminators. When you have your car tuned ask for the same tune, one with them off and one with them on so when you make the change it won't be a big deal. There has been a big push by EPA to stop the ability to purcahse and do this. To be honest with you, exhausts flow pretty goood, my suggestion is get a good catted x pipe with ability to remove and move on. I have the Bassaani one...

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Do you find yourself running with or without the cats more?

A few of us here hit the track all the time... and I belive all with the exception of one run cats (aftermarket x/h), that being said, to answer your question, the boxes with the bypass pipes are sitting in the corner of my garage taking up space and never moved.

If you are expecting a HUGE difference in power from an aftermarket catted/ non catted... don't. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info