• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

bassani midlenght headers

tinosc281

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2005
hey guys.i have a set of brand new bassani headers.trying to get them installed on my car.the engine is out but they are a major pita to lign up to the collectors.any suggestions on an easier way to do it.allready messed up a few gaskets,also did anybody have any issues with the tubes hitting the engine mounts,do i have to bend the tube for clearence.and one more question do i have to remove the steering shaft before dropping the motor in with the headers installed on the engine.or not necessary .or do i have to bend that tube also to clear the steering shaft.any input welcome

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
hey guys.i have a set of brand new bassani headers.trying to get them installed on my car.the engine is out but they are a major pita to lign up to the collectors.any suggestions on an easier way to do it.allready messed up a few gaskets,also did anybody have any issues with the tubes hitting the engine mounts,do i have to bend the tube for clearence.and one more question do i have to remove the steering shaft before dropping the motor in with the headers installed on the engine.or not necessary .or do i have to bend that tube also to clear the steering shaft.any input welcome

If you have a stock k member youre in for alot of sanding. Just ask Lyle and Dan how much of a pita it is to install bassani headers. If you have an aftermarket k member it should simplify things, you still have to take off your steering shaft, usually they are in the way. Also if the headers rub on your k member you may have to shim between the motor mounts, like 1/4 in should be sufficient.

Not to sound like Im against bassani headers but just the nightmare stories I have read and heard, I advise you to ditch them for kooks, or mac. Kooks are $$$ although awsome product, but mac very cheap and imo the easiest header to deal with until you get to the egr tube on the header, then you need a special tool devised in my garage :D. Actually all it is is an open ended wrench cut in half and shaved down to clear the header runners as you thigten the egr, but all this can b eliminated through an egr delete. Good luck, hope this helps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• T
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list