• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

OK so one more issue to resolve...LOL

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
After finding out I had a blown fuse for my heated seats, which was fuse 52 a 15A. I installed a new one, and the passanger heater works fine, but the driver does not.

So I took apart the seat and peeled back the leather, to look at the heating element and it looks fine I cant tell if its burned out. Maybe I have a pinched wire somewhere. Has anyone ever had this issue? It looks fairly simple to replace but the real question is how much is a new heating pad? Oh this car I swear, during the winter it haunts me, but in the summer time its the most fun gocart on the street. Taking the good w the bad I guess....

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
jeeze dan, i bet ur gettin real sick of this crap!

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142285

Dude I know. I enjoy the car enough to keep it plus the monthly payment is real low. I cant see getting into a 300-400 dollar monthly payment. Its just all this crap stacked up fast, so it feels like its never ending.
By the way that is a really good write up, He did a good job, and its very accurate, last night I took mine apart half way and those are the steps I pretty much used.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
May be the switch, does the light come on?

My driver side heated seat also does not work, but the swtich light goes on so its the heater element. Not gonna shell out $200 to fix that when my cruise isn't working either :mad:

Yes it does. At 1st I thought it was the switches then I decided to check the fuse and it was blown, but then only the passanger heater works LOL.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I have a friend at work w an svt focus that hit a pot hole and cracked a rim in half (5star) and his air bag blew. He replaced the whole seat and Im going to take out the heating pad and hopefully it will work LOL.

wtf the same thing happened to Rotard

Mental note: do not buy svt focus lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info