• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

removing Emmissions stuff on 95 "race car"

scca_stang

Owns Assault Rifles
Dec 4, 2008
alright guys...

I do not want to completely hyjack the other guys thread so I am creating My own... plus this will give some of the guys a better search ability for 94-85 SN95 style as opposed to the Fox platform.

For all of the Legal Eagles out there... This modification is only for Off road Applications.

Here is where I am...

I have removed the Smog Pump and simplified the belt routing using this picture as a diagram, a 80.5" 6 rib belt and a smaller idler pulley on top, I simply went to AutoZone and picked up a second "tensioner pulley" and put it in place of the idler.

moz-screenshot-3.jpg
moz-screenshot-4.jpg

withoutsmogandac.jpg

I then remove the tube coming from the H pipe and removed the tube from the header to the EGR. I was going to remove the crossover tube, but I do not want to pull the motor just for that purpose, so I am only going to block it off for now.

I need to know if I can remove this stuff without causing CEL lights?

scca_stang

Owns Assault Rifles
Dec 4, 2008
I just completed the install of the BBK cold air intake... and removal of smog pump and all associated vacuum lines/EGR tubes and blocked off my EGR valve with a homemade block off plate made from a mountain dew can... I then re-installed the EGR valve and simply plugged it back into the harness to trick the computer.

and the best part is... NO Check Engine light!!!

BBKintake.jpg

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
The trick I used was plugged in the EGR plug but put a billet block off plate on the opening and compressed the cylinder of the EGR half way which tricks the computer also. I bought a cap for the long tube header because it had a EGR bung and also plugged the back of the cylinder head. 1995 and earlier cars are emmision exempt so your in the clear! Its the 96 and up where they can plug into the computer or you can always insure your car as a "show/race" car and you get a letter of exemption from your insurance company stating the type of coverage and you never get tested..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• scca_stang
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list