• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

ok now wtf???

Rotard

No respect
Jul 11, 2007
Do you know if he found out what it was? I switched back 2 stock shifter and I tighned up the shifter cable , it was real loose, and it seems better. I'm so sick of dealing w this car.

You and me both:mad: Sounds like a synchro issue, I'd first start with readjusting the cables though, like you did, the cables are prone to fall off, come loose, or become unadjusted so the problem most likely lays there.

Hope its not the synchro, the getrag is a very rare transmission so most people just replace it, $$$$

Mystic544

TimmaY
Apr 7, 2004
Peoria, AZ
sorry to hear you are having more issues....

I'd first start with readjusting the cables though, like you did, the cables are prone to fall off, come loose, or become unadjusted so the problem most likely lays there.

Can you explain a little more please?
My d*mn stock shifter has always been real sloopy - if there is a way to adjust it or tighten, I would like to know what I should do:biggthump

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Here's how to do the linkage adjustment: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1979054&#post1979054

And to reattach the cables:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168522&highlight=SVT+shift+linkage

Best thread I could find, I have no firsthand knowledge of reattaching the cables, never had to knock on wood, but I have had to readjust them.
Yes this is what it was. I actually did adjust them and its much better, but I still need 2 zip tie the cable. I'm just glad its not the syncros.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info