• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

what if i........

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
I want to soften up the ride up front on the svt focus. I'm seriously tired of bending rims and I need new sway bar links AGAIN! Who sells a spring around the same ride height as stock svts or should I get a stock focus spring/coil and if its too high just cut a bit to keep same height?
- love my car but damn I never imagined I d be going to a shop every other month 2 straighten my rim , new alignment, or new bushings and links. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Mystic544

TimmaY
Apr 7, 2004
Peoria, AZ
I think both the Rousch and Saleen kits had very similar (just a bit lower) ride heights as the stock SVT...probably a bit higher quality too.
If you are having issues with the Euro rims - then stay away from the SVT 5 start rims, they have a history of bend/brake issues.
Have you tried a little taller tire? Should help soften the ride...
Anyway - good luck!

Rotard

No respect
Jul 11, 2007
Oh I can't win w this, well looks like I'm gonna try the regular focus springs. My friend has a wrecked focus and I wanna strip I down, ill keep the svt shocks though. I think this will b my cheapest solution.

You should probably switch the shocks too, they also have something to do with the harshness, stiffer the shock stiffer the rebound, harder ride

SHOgoFast

Nov 20, 2008
You dont want these rims. I still have 2 that need to be unbent, and lots of scrapes on the fins from being in and out of the shop to unbend. I need to find some used svt contour wheels. they are 16's right?

Let me know if you need some SVT contour wheels. contour.org has a great classifieds section and almost always has someone selling their stockers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info