• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

New Numbers....Ready For Spring

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
So we towed 3 cars yesterday to see Mr. Kurgan, and a great outcome. My 04 cobra now with long tubes now and 4# lower. First pass 18.8psi 93 octane the car laid down 591 rwhp and 544ftlb @15.5 deg of timing and a fat tune (baseline) . Already improving over 572 hp and 504trq. Made couple more passes fine tuned on 93 octane and the car put down 606 rwhp and 546trq. Af was 11.8 still around 15.5 deg timing. (This is my street tune)

Now the race tune on a 50/50 mix of 93 oct w 110 oct the car laid down final numbers of 614 rwhp and 598 trq @ 20.8 psi car had a little spark blowout @ 6200-6300 rpm so I may have picked up a few more ponies but all in all I was happy.(new plugs are in order). Driving the car was amazing, picking up almost 100 pounds of torque to the wheels makes it such a different beast.

Thank you Bob I am very pleased with the outcome, and as always thanks for answering my million questions. Pleasure to retune my car w you.

Now the 93 w the temi motor is raresvt , he put down amazing # w cams on the stock eaton screaming @18psi, and unfortunetly we had severe voltage problems that prevented the car from being tuned to its fullest potential. Ill leave raresvt to post his story if he wishes.

Now a non member here w his 03 gt php tt setup laid down a best of 404rwhp and 424ftlbs on 8.2 psi, w minor supporting mods. Bigger boost to come this is still a stock block.

Thanks again Bob for the great results and effort to always get the most potential out of the cars and still keep them at a safe zone.

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
Dan... it was great to see you, erik, and meet Brent... I actually had a good time yesterday. its nice to work on cool cars!! All you guys have sweet rides and it was my pleasure! As always, feel free to call or email with questions. I hope to see you guys at the track come spring time!

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
Congrats Dan!

Before changing you plugs, gap them at .025-.027 and I bet the blowout will stop.
I had to do this with my KB at 17si

hey zack..

thats the same recommendations I made but since we had 3 cars scheduled and the snow storm was coming, Dan made the decision to just regap when he went home. Im 99.9% sure that gapping them to .025 or so should solve the blowout issue.. I also recommend the BR7 plugs instead at that power and boost level! The car was up 35hp and 35tq over the 606 93octane tune, so it would have made 640rwhp... That presents a whole bunch of other probs now like maxing the BAP and peggin the BA2400 LOL..

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
mmm very nice!

I wonder what kinda magic bob can workout with a 2.8H:eek:
What ever u want he can make it work. I asked him about upgrading to a 2.8kb but 4 what I want he told me to stick w the one I have. He pretty much said that both blowers make identical power up to 21 psi. The 2.8 comes in handy when ur flowing 25-28psi. Actually from what I understand the 2.2 is better down on the low end.

raresvt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2007
Thank's again Bob hopefully be back in about a month! If anybody care's with the car cutting out at around 4,800 rpm it made 476 rwhp and 520 rwtq. New mod's included 4lb lower, 2.76 upper, 60lb inj., long tube header's, crower stage 3 cam's and ford racing high flow head's. Had low voltage issue's causing the car to cut out under wot
Hopefully it's as simple as the alternator and battery?

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
Thank's again Bob hopefully be back in about a month! If anybody care's with the car cutting out at around 4,800 rpm it made 476 rwhp and 520 rwtq. New mod's included 4lb lower, 2.76 upper, 60lb inj., long tube header's, crower stage 3 cam's and ford racing high flow head's. Had low voltage issue's causing the car to cut out under wot
Hopefully it's as simple as the alternator and battery?

Unported right?

How were the iats?

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
sounds like some nice cars and setups...congrats guys

I can't wait to check out raresvt's car some day..beautiful.
Ya its a real work of art. We all have a good friend of ours to thank Geoff Butler, he's a real talented guy that works w us on all our cars he motivated all 3 of us 2 get it together and get these cars to kurgan b4 spring. He did the sheet metal in his own 93 gt engine bay. B4 anyone elses, it turned out so good, him and erick moved on to transform ericks 93 cobra and another fox, that is almost done. The guy really is something else. When I get a chance ill get w him and post up some pics of these cars.

raresvt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2007
ya its a real work of art. We all have a good friend of ours to thank geoff butler, he's a real talented guy that works w us on all our cars he motivated all 3 of us 2 get it together and get these cars to kurgan b4 spring. He did the sheet metal in his own 93 gt engine bay. B4 anyone elses, it turned out so good, him and erick moved on to transform ericks 93 cobra and another fox, that is almost done. The guy really is something else. When i get a chance ill get w him and post up some pics of these cars.

+1,000,0000

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info