• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

I need exhaust advice and gear advice

bholicz

Feb 18, 2009
i have a 99 cobra with mac o/r h-pipe and slp lm1 catback, the only thing is its to loud and it has a raspy sound from 2200-2900 rpm which im not a fan of, im assuming its because of the resonators, anyways i recieved an offer of flowmaster catback and $150 for my slp, what do you guys think?

im also looking to swap gears, whats a good swap a 4.10 or 3.90? its not a daily driver, and can anyone recommend a good installer that wont drain my wallet. thanks:dancenana:

bholicz

Feb 18, 2009
i actually talked to niles at ss chasis(seemed to know alot about rear ends) he said i should stay away from the 4.10 cause its to much and ill have a hard time keeping the tires down in 1 and 2, i asked about the 3.90(motive pro 5.0) and he kinda made it sound like they havent been around long enough to be proven(from what i understand), he suggested a 3.73 but i dont know if thats going to be enough, what do you guys think.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I fear the gear. Its nice that it puts it in the powerband, but whats the point if that powerband only lasts half a second?

I have 3.73's with a t56 and its not bad, wish i would have went 3.90 but my trans has a lot taller gearing.

3.73 or a 3.90 would be a nice gear with that 3650 trans. Its gots a real short 3.27 first so any bigger than a 3.90 and you're doing 15 mph at redline in first. Useless in my opinion.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info