• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Having a few problems

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
So, lately I have been having a few problems with the Cobra, and am hoping you guys might have some ideas. I'll post up the problems that are really annoying..

1st. My rear window defroster is doing something absolutely retarded. Say it's a day, where only a small part of the rear window gets foggy right? So, I turn the rear defroster on, and within minutes, the window is 2-3 times as foggy. This has happened about four times, ever since one of the little plugs(passenger side in particular) started to come off, and I put it back on. So, does anyone have an idea why the rear defrosters are doing reverse of what they are supposed to be doing?

2nd. Is it normal to have constant rattles coming out of the passengers side of the car? I'm not sure what it is, but I know it's coming from the passenger side. Anyone else have this problem?

That's it for now, I'm just trying to figure out a couple of things that have really started to bug me the past week or so.

Thanks guys!

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
As far as the rattles, check your passenger seat to make sure it isn't hitting the door. Seat belt, too. You can also check in the trunk to see if the seams where the panels meet may be rubbing against each other. I had both these issues with mine.

I need to do this on my passenger side it is annoying.

Can it be moved closer to the center councel?

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
I'll give that a shot. I'm still wondering why the hell my rear defroster is acting like it's on some crack. The sound is like a clicking sound almost. I'll see though. Thanks for this info!

Also,

there has to be something wrong with my wiper blade electrically. I have replaced the fuses like 4 times, because they keep going out, and my wiper blades won't work at times. I use the green color 30AMP fuses. I am thinking about going to a higher amp fuse, and see if that works. If anyone has info on this, please let me know.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I need to do this on my passenger side it is annoying.

Can it be moved closer to the center councel?
Dealers were installing spacers or something like that to stop the rattle/rubbing. There may be a TSB out on the problem. I think I loosened the seat and pushed it toward the console while tightening the bolts.

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
Dealers were installing spacers or something like that to stop the rattle/rubbing. There may be a TSB out on the problem. I think I loosened the seat and pushed it toward the console while tightening the bolts.

Yep there is a TSB for the seat. so do I call the dealer or what do these TSB's do for owners of the car?? Other than tell us there is a problem

TSB data for: 2003 FORD MUSTANG
Bulletin Number: 030105
Sequence Number: 10008152
Date: 20021201
Component Name: 220000 SEATS
Make: FORD
Model: MUSTANG
Year: 2003
Summary:
PASSENGER SEAT RUBS AGAINST DOOR PANEL. *TT

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
I'll give that a shot. I'm still wondering why the hell my rear defroster is acting like it's on some crack. The sound is like a clicking sound almost. I'll see though. Thanks for this info!

Also,

there has to be something wrong with my wiper blade electrically. I have replaced the fuses like 4 times, because they keep going out, and my wiper blades won't work at times. I use the green color 30AMP fuses. I am thinking about going to a higher amp fuse, and see if that works. If anyone has info on this, please let me know.

Do NOT replace with a bigger fuse! Find the problem, dont start you car on fire :biggthump

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Yep there is a TSB for the seat. so do I call the dealer or what do these TSB's do for owners of the car?? Other than tell us there is a problem

TSB data for: 2003 FORD MUSTANG
Bulletin Number: 030105
Sequence Number: 10008152
Date: 20021201
Component Name: 220000 SEATS
Make: FORD
Model: MUSTANG
Year: 2003
Summary:
PASSENGER SEAT RUBS AGAINST DOOR PANEL. *TT

Call a dealer or ask one of the sponsors on the site what the procedure is for fixing a TSB problem. I don't know if they still fix for free as they did under warranty or if they want to be paid.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info