• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Boost Gauge Help

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Hey guys, I need a little help with wiring a boost gauge to my 03.

I am buying an A-Pillar pod, in particular an SOS Pod. Now, I am buying a Carbon Fiber Boost Gauge, Mechanical. What is the best/easiest way to wire this thing, and what is the best location to wire this through? Also, what line should I wire this off of. Any help is much appreciated as always guys.

-Chris

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Dimmer isn't a head ache, just use the right fuse number.

for the dimmer i just tapped into the blue/white wire coming out of the headlight control knob

I'll elaborate, look in your owners manual for the dimmer fuse number... you can add a circuit to this and use this to power your gauges, this will then dim with the regular dimmer. No need to tap into any other wires.

Good luck.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
I'll elaborate, look in your owners manual for the dimmer fuse number... you can add a circuit to this and use this to power your gauges, this will then dim with the regular dimmer. No need to tap into any other wires.

Good luck.

So, for the dimmer; All I need to do is remove the knob, and find the wires inside of it? Then run of the wires in there, using the right fuse per my owners manual? Is that the just of it? I do want the gauges to be able to dim. So, I will more than likely go that route.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
No, see below:
- what you would do is look up the fuse number
- pull the fuse
- the power wire from the new gauges for the light will be connected to the add a fuse wire, this is where it will receive power from.
- Ground the negative wire to any ground point, in that svtp post, they grounded to the metal fuse box.

- replace new add a circuit to the original fuse you pulled out.

When you turn on your parking/ headlights, then this will also trigger the gauges, if you use the dimmer, it will also adjust the new gauges.

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
"READ" the how to I posted you will have no trouble:

This is from that write up and it is how mine is done and they dim.

Now get on your back ( have fun here!) and remove the 5 amp fuse from block #37. Doing this will allow you to dim the new guages at the same time you dim the factory guages. Plug the add-a-fuse in to #37 and place the 5amp fuse you just removed into the add-a-fuse. I used a 10amp fuse in the other slot to run the new guages. This picture also shows where I used my ground. (Sorry the pic is blurry, not the most comfortable position for photography).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info