• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Lowering...

Jan 26, 2006
If you are talking just shackles, go with the JLP 4".
I tried the Belltech 3" first and hardly noticed a difference.
As it is the 4 inchers only dropped my 03 1 3/4 inch, but that was just enough to level it out.
You will also need to spin the shims around to correct the pinion angle. You will get a nasty vibration if you don't.
So as long as you are taking the U-bolts off you might as well add some traction bars.:)

Skrat

You Go. We Go.
Apr 30, 2008
I ordered my JLP shackles today, and I just wanna know how low I should go to level the truck out with the front.
Front suspension is stock for now, I dont wanna 'slam' the truck, but if I could make the back sit even with the front, I'll be happy for now.
Sooo 2, 3 or 4 inches in the rear?? Or what would look the best?? Opinions? pictures?? help! Thanks!!

Jul 7, 2006
I had the Hotchkis TVS setup on my L. Handled amazing and looked beautiful. 1.5" in the front and 2.5" in the back. Heres a pic. Coils, Leaf Springs, and Swaybars.

Attachments

• MSC096.jpg
    MSC096.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 72
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Skrat
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list