• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Fuel system plumbing help

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
so, i am trying to figure out all the fittings i need to get to plumb up the fuel system for the 408. i would like to use the edelbrock fuel rails that came with the motor and i am going to connect them to the stock fuel lines. i will also be using an aeromotive (part #13109) regulator.

i found this trick flow kit that comes with everything but its $550 and i already have the essential parts in that kit (rails,regulator). http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=TFS-51580001&N=700+4294908331+4294908282+4294924760+4294925239+400098+4294839074+115&autoview=sku

im thinking it would be cheaper to piece all the fittings seperate from the kit but im not sure which ones i need since they dont list all the parts included with part #'s.

the other thing i am confused with is how to route the system in the most efficient/cost effective way. i guess i would ideally like to copy this set up pictured.

fuelsystemplumbingedit1kz4.jpg

the only difference is my rails have the fuel openings on both ends not the middle like the trick flow rails so that will change the routing a bit.

so which would be the most cost effective way to do this?

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2005
piece it together...the fittings depend on if you want you use pushlock hose, or AN fitings and braided hose (which is alot more money)

there are threaded openings on the edelbrock rails.....you will need to get a 3/8 NPT to AN fitting or push lock whatever you are using.

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2005
OK here is everything you need minus the rails and regulators,

im not sure what the fittings on the regulator are, but they are probably AN to AN Straight Cut O-Ring Fittings...its going to -6an to whatever the fittings on the regulator are...send me a pm or whatever if you have questions. hope this helps

AEI-15101 Quatity 1
Fuel Rail Fitting, Steel, Stainless, -6 AN Male to 1/4 in Female Spring Lock, Each
$34.95
$34.95

AEI-15102 Quatity 1
Fuel Rail Fitting, Steel, Stainless, -8 AN Male to 5/16 in. Female Spring Lock, Each
$69.95
$69.95

SUM-220648 Quatity 2
Fitting, Adapter, Straight, Male -6 AN to Male 3/8 in. NPT, Aluminum, Blue Anodized, Each
$2.95
$5.90

SUM-220687 Quatity 3
Fitting, Hose End, 90 Degree, -6 AN Hose to Female -6 AN, Aluminum, Red/Blue Anodized, Each
$13.95
$41.85

SUM-220690 Quatity 3
Fitting, Hose End, Straight, -6 AN Hose to Female -6 AN, Aluminum, Red/Blue Anodized, Each
$4.88
$14.64

SUM-220846 Quatity 2
Fitting, Adapter, Straight, Male -8 AN to Male 3/8 in. NPT, Aluminum, Blue Anodized, Each
$2.95
$5.90

SUM-220887 Quatity 3
Fitting, Hose End, 90 Degree, -8 AN Hose to Female -8 AN, Aluminum, Red/Blue Anodized, Each
$14.95
$44.85

SUM-220890 Quatity 1
Fitting, Hose End, Straight, -8 AN Hose to Female -8 AN, Aluminum, Red/Blue Anodized, Each
$6.95
$6.95

SUM-230606 Quatity 1
Hose, Braided Stainless Steel, -6 AN, 6 ft. Length, Each
$26.95
$26.95

SUM-230806 Quatity 1
Hose, Braided Stainless Steel, -8 AN, 6 ft. Length, Each
$29.95
$29.95

Select All
If you have deleted any items from your cart or changed any quantities, please press the update button.
Sub Total: $281.89

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2005
sweet man, that helps out a ton.

i am not sure what size fittings are on the rails, i will have to check. they are steel a/n fittings though.

here is the regulator i got. looks like its all -6 fittings on it, crap.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=AEI-13109&N=700+115&autoview=sku

just add this to the list, you need 3 of them....

SUM-220166
Fitting, Straight, Male -6 AN to Straight Cut Male -6 AN O-Ring, Aluminum, Blue Anodized, Each
$7.88
$23.64

as for the rails, i added the fittings to the rails into the order above since you need -8an for the front of the rails and the back so you can just take the old ones off

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
haha You will find out this will not be as easy or cheap as you think. haha

First off figure out where the regulator will go. Make sure you know if the rails or lines need to clear anything. Next step is figure out what size openings, thread pitch, AN, pipe, etc. Once you know what everything is look where everything and decide is a strait fitting or a angled fitting is what you need in and out of every thing. Then figure out what line ends you need. Then take you list and but it all. When you install the stuff send half of it back as you figured out wrong. haha Now re order the correct parts and finish the install.

Push lock is 100% easier to assemble compared to re useable fittings for braided lines. All you need is lube and a heat gun. Slides right in. If you are running near a heat source you may want to make sure you have braided stuff though.

Strait fitting and hose ends are cheapest. If you can use them you will save money there. Summit Racing has a house brand now that is cheaper than anything else they carry. If you go with re useable fittings make sure you buy the swivel fittings. They cost a little more but are well worth it.

When I did my fuel and water system I bought all the fittings I needed. Then ordered one or two of the strait, 45 degree, 90 degree, 150 degree and 180 degree hose ends. Then checked them out for the best layout on the car. Made a list and then ordered the rest of the hose ends I needed.

And when making the hoses make sure to measure twice and cut once.

Good luck!

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
haha You will find out this will not be as easy or cheap as you think. haha

First off figure out where the regulator will go. Make sure you know if the rails or lines need to clear anything. Next step is figure out what size openings, thread pitch, AN, pipe, etc. Once you know what everything is look where everything and decide is a strait fitting or a angled fitting is what you need in and out of every thing. Then figure out what line ends you need. Then take you list and but it all. When you install the stuff send half of it back as you figured out wrong. haha Now re order the correct parts and finish the install.

Push lock is 100% easier to assemble compared to re useable fittings for braided lines. All you need is lube and a heat gun. Slides right in. If you are running near a heat source you may want to make sure you have braided stuff though.

Strait fitting and hose ends are cheapest. If you can use them you will save money there. Summit Racing has a house brand now that is cheaper than anything else they carry. If you go with re useable fittings make sure you buy the swivel fittings. They cost a little more but are well worth it.

When I did my fuel and water system I bought all the fittings I needed. Then ordered one or two of the strait, 45 degree, 90 degree, 150 degree and 180 degree hose ends. Then checked them out for the best layout on the car. Made a list and then ordered the rest of the hose ends I needed.

And when making the hoses make sure to measure twice and cut once.

Good luck!

cool, thanks for the help :biggthump

how much cheaper do you think the pushlock would be? so u think i should use swivel fittings on the 90 deg ones?

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
cool, thanks for the help :biggthump

how much cheaper do you think the pushlock would be? so u think i should use swivel fittings on the 90 deg ones?
Push lock might be a little cheaper. I don't think any huge difference in price.

The swivel is nice because other wise you will have to cut the hose and match the fittings in the correct offset degree. Other wise if the fittings are not on right you have issues. When you put the hose on you will have to actually twist the hose to get the hose ends to thread on he fitting. Then you run the risk of stripping the fitting or hose end. The swivel end will just move to what ever degree it needs to be.

Seems like a big waste of time and money to buy and hook up all that stuff to your stock 5/16 and 1/4 fuel system. From the picture your still using the stock fuel hoses up fount. I would eater do the whole system or just replace the crossover hoses from your 95 rails so it fits the 351. My 95 rails are flowing good enough to take my 60's to 100 duty cycle

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
Seems like a big waste of time and money to buy and hook up all that stuff to your stock 5/16 and 1/4 fuel system. From the picture your still using the stock fuel hoses up fount. I would eater do the whole system or just replace the crossover hoses from your 95 rails so it fits the 351. My 95 rails are flowing good enough to take my 60's to 100 duty cycle

who knows, maybe i will have a sumped tank in the future and everything will already be half done for it.

i know the stock rails will work fine but i have those edelbrock ones and i'd love to use them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info