• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Spool time ??????

zimmer0924

Master Debater
Jul 2, 2008
Any body have an idea on when a GT42-76 & GT47-80 would start to spool and also top out. I would be going for the smallest turbine A/R for both. I think the GT42-76 smallest A/R is .81 and the GT47-80 is .96. Stock engine for now, want room to grow in the future. I understand this is a hard question to ask because so many things come in to play. So if any one has a really rough answer that would be great. I'm stuck between these two.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Slow99x

ZOMBIE kill of the week
Jul 20, 2007
no it will not.......plus they are more costly to repair and not worth the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ spend it somewhere else. You will have no problem spooling that 76mm turbo and it will be plenty for your stock motor (assuming)
I had a Garrett GT30R on my Eclipse and it reached 27psi earlier than a smaller 50trim by more than 500rpm. The center section of a dual ball bearing turbo is MUCH more reliable than a thust bearing turbo. I don't know where you are getting your info.:confused:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info