• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Not a SVT.. but a f150 HELP PLEASE

boostme

1 Order of BOOST plz!
Sep 8, 2008
Ok sorry if I posted this in the wrong section.. but the family owns a 99 F150 and we have had it since day one without any problems.

A couple of weeks ago, at work, I couldn't get the truck started for shit. It wouldn't turn over AT ALL!!

All the lights were on, battery was fully charged and everything. I had my ex jump start me and nothing. I called me friend and he told me that sometimes ford's do that and that you have to take the auto shifter and go up and down really hard

Why? I don't know but I had nothing to lose. Sure enough, after about 5 mins the truck started.

After this.. its has happened 6 times and I'm getting sick of it!

It takes awhile, but it will start and crank over after fucking with it for awhile.

Anyone have any clue?? My guess is the starter is taking a shit.. but like I said.. this JUST started happening and ya POS ford... :dancenana:

THANKS guys, I would appreciate it. And if anyone lives near chicago heights, hit me up!

PM me and I'll throw ya some bucks if you can figure it out. THANKS!! :headbang:

boostme

1 Order of BOOST plz!
Sep 8, 2008
Thanks I already did that and now the truck is freaking out. The theft comes on, relays are clicking on the drivers side.

When I open the switch, the lights turn on then off, theft light comes on..

Do you think it has anything to do with the key, its a copy but by a profession locksmith that we know very well.

A fellow friend told me to check the solenoid that is by the battery like this one. If you touch the 2 big posts, the starter engages.

I can hear the starter clicking, its trying to turn over but its not...

boostme

1 Order of BOOST plz!
Sep 8, 2008
I tried. I took the battery to autozone to get a full charge. It checked out ok, and then I got home to install it

Then I cleaned the terminals with a drill and sanding bit thingy.. nothing same. It just clicks.

I'm going to replay the starter solenoid tomorrow, wish me luck!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info