• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

HELP: rims, tires or both

Mystic544

TimmaY
Apr 7, 2004
Peoria, AZ
OK - this crazy winter BS is driving me NuTz!
I have the OEM ContiSport tires on my 03 SVT Focus and they are just about WORTHLESS in the snow and cold - I have to be able to get to work and need a better option....

1) I do have a pair of 215 60 16 winter tires that are mounted on steal rims that fit a 5 lug Mustang - a: are the tires going to be too large on the Focus?
If not, does anyone have a pair of 16" 4 lug Focus rims I could put those on?

or does anyone have:
2) a set of 16" or 17" rims and all season tires sitting in their garage that I could buy or rent for the winter?

3) just a set of 17" all season tires I could buy/rent?

4) other suggestions besides buying new. Discount tires option would be over $500 once you add in install and tire disposal and all the other BS and I just don't want to spend that much right now

Storms keep coming - need something ASAP, please let me know if you can help!

Tim (Elgin, west burbs of ChicagoLand)

Mystic544

TimmaY
Apr 7, 2004
Peoria, AZ
Thanks for the Craig's list thought - I never think of that option:eek:h:

Vic - the ContiSports are pretty much harder compound summer tire (can't believe they would sell a car with the Winter Package option and these tires as OEM?). I get very little traction off the line, stuck Very easy and both front and rear swish and sway around with ease when I get up to speed (it's a bit scarry). Not so much a matter of weight, but the fact they just aren't designed for all this winter BS we have been hit with...

:alcoholic

Shmirgin44

Fire and Ice
Aug 14, 2007
Thanks for the Craig's list thought - I never think of that option:eek:h:

Vic - the ContiSports are pretty much harder compound summer tire (can't believe they would sell a car with the Winter Package option and these tires as OEM?). I get very little traction off the line, stuck Very easy and both front and rear swish and sway around with ease when I get up to speed (it's a bit scarry). Not so much a matter of weight, but the fact they just aren't designed for all this winter BS we have been hit with...

:alcoholic

I used to drive my 400hp SRT-4 in the winter with these:
falken_azenis616_lg.jpg

Fun times...:eek:

Mystic544

TimmaY
Apr 7, 2004
Peoria, AZ
Thanks for the offer Conrad - but I would need four tires

Got lucky and Jr over on Focus Fanatics had a set of stock 16" rims and good all season tires sitting in his garage and helped a brother out:biggthump
The all season tires made a HUGE difference in the way the SVT Focus drives in all this winter BS. Car actually goes and stops lol

Is it Spring yet:eek:h:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info