• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Can I do this......?

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Ok so Im wanting to go to a meziere water pump, and a manual rack, to free up some hp and clean up the engine bay, have more future plans.

So my question is if I do the manual rack, since I would b deleting the pump and pulley can I still run the AC pump? losing AC is not an option. Im told if I do this I have to eliminate the AC as well. Is this true? Is it a one way street? Can I just run a belt around the crank, AC, and the electric water pump? If I cant how can I set this up, is there a power steering delete pulley like on the 5.0's . Basically how do I go about doing this? Can anyone chime in on some info. Thanks guys.

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
Ive had Meziere Pumps on a few different cars and I would not put one on again.
Its just not worth the extra wiring and chance it can take a dump to free up a few HP at most.

i have to disagree.. i love electric water pumps... they will cool your car even at low RPM's... ive had them on many race car with GREAT luck... but i have also used CSR, not meziere!!

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
I don't believe you can bypass the PS pump on our cars unless you're going to also address the brakes. Doesn't the PS pump also support the hydroboost system?

Either way, not worth it on a car that makes 570rwhp. Just raise the boost 1psi.

Shane97Cobra

Addict
Apr 27, 2005
Yep, PS and Brakes are all in one. Unless the Astetics are the driving force let it be.

I don't believe you can bypass the PS pump on our cars unless you're going to also address the brakes. Doesn't the PS pump also support the hydroboost system?

Either way, not worth it on a car that makes 570rwhp. Just raise the boost 1psi.

x3 The PS and Brakes are together. It takes some work for the entire conversion. If you are making it a car that will be mostly a track car with soem street time then go for it, but if it is mostly a street car skip this.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
x3 The PS and Brakes are together. It takes some work for the entire conversion. If you are making it a car that will be mostly a track car with soem street time then go for it, but if it is mostly a street car skip this.

Thaks guys I appreciate it, I think thats enough information to make me not want to even mess with bypassing the PS. Although I would like to still do an electric waterpump.

Bob where can I get a CSR and how much is it? Also my car is mostly street driven is CSR a better choice than a meziere?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info