• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

shelby gt500 kr

tinosc281

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2005
so what is the deal with the shelby gt500 kr?. not beeing street legal.looked at one in the showroom at the ford dealer in downers grove and has a sticker on the window as a not for legal for sale to be driven on public roads or highway,what gives.track only car.why would anybody just pay for that and not be able to drive it on the street.looks street legal to me.not all that special.just my tought.

tinosc281

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2005
shelby gt500kr

i am trying to fiind out myself.drove by the dealer today and they have it sitting right by the window in the showroom and the factory sticker on the window states not legal for sale to be driven on public roads in bold writting.so i don't know .i was surprised myself.

deviantlx

TCG Elite Member
Apr 20, 2008
there is a way around everything.

people told me for three years i would never be able to register my ffr 65 shelby cobra and drive it on the street. not only was i driving it on the street this year, its plated, insured, has a vin number and i have been pulled over twice in it with zero problems.

i know someone that is driving a body in white "on the street"

money makes special things happen.

scca_stang

Owns Assault Rifles
Dec 4, 2008
not sure what you have to do to make a KR or a "body in white" "street legal", but the easiest way to make a FFR Cobra, or a T bucket kit "legal" is to first register it in a state that allows replica's to be registered as the car that they represent, then "move" the car to Illinois and have the other states title transfered to an Illinois title. then according to the state of Illinois, you accually own a '65 Cobra or a 1919 Model T.

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
From what I understand they are sent from Ford to Shelby without being certified for sale (hence the sticker.) I am pretty sure Shelby is supposed to certify them (and remove the sticker) once they have been converted to the KR. Maybe they just forgot to remove the sticker?? :dunno: The dealer should be getting on the horn with Ford/Shelby and finding out if the sticker can be removed.

SICNESS

Opulence...I has it...
May 3, 2006
so what is the deal with the shelby gt500 kr?. not beeing street legal.looked at one in the showroom at the ford dealer in downers grove and has a sticker on the window as a not for legal for sale to be driven on public roads or highway,what gives.track only car.why would anybody just pay for that and not be able to drive it on the street.looks street legal to me.not all that special.just my tought.

This car is 30 feet from me as I type this...

When it leaves MI it isn't a complete car, hence the sticker.

When it leaves Shelby in Vegas it is complete. Shelby puts their own sticker on the front windshield similar to the Shelby GTs.

This is what we have been told.

SICNESS

Opulence...I has it...
May 3, 2006
I forgot to mention the car came to us with a sticker on the outside of the window that covered that up perfectly (size-wise). The sticker was a picture of the GT500.

All of them have that on their original maroney stickers. We had a Black KR next to it before.

It also says something about it not being rated by the EPA yet, so maybe they rate it after Shelby does their thing? :dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info