• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Difference between turbos, need help.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Well, I finally have some money set aside to complete my Hellion kit for my Mach 1. I know i am buying a Ball Bearing unit, but am still clueless regarding the other specs.
So, please tell me about the following:

..I see many people have the 'GTS' turbo on their cars, what makes it different?
.. Do I want a 76 or 78?
The AR Ratio; which one? .96 or .82? (I do want the power to come on as fast as possible, being this car will be primarily street driven)
..Do I need the exhaust side thermal coated?
..What brand should I buy???

Any help here is much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2005
IMO ball bearing is a waste of money

On a car like yours I would probably go with a Precision turbo 76 or 78 GTS with a .96 housing. You dont want the housing to be too small becuase you will choke the turbo when you spin the motor relatively high.

You dont need the exhaust housing coated but it helps keep the heat down, or you can buy a turbo blanket which is better.

Stick with the major brands like precison or turbonetics, its worth spending the money on a good turbo! Good luck!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Zack
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list