• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Cams for SVT Focus!

Rotard

No respect
Jul 11, 2007
I know its a dead zone in here but figured I would post this up anyway since its probably the single biggest advancement in SVT Focus aftermarket ever.

A little history to anyone else without an SVT Focus. Cams, they are not a big deal to most cars, pretty cheap, good amount of horsepower, but for the SVT Focus they are a HUGE deal. There are NO cams out for this car, SVT added pretty aggressive ones and companies don't want to invest in trying to make it better. However, custom reground cams have been shown to make 180whp, up from 145, with just cams. For reference a Jackson Racing Supercharger puts down 200 to the wheels, 210 with BBK. But custom regrounds have been so expensive to do, most people just by boost, at least 3k+ for the parts and the tuning.

So right now you can either spend a $800 for the most effective bolt ons to make 160whp or spend around 7k for boost and 200-350whp. As you can see there is a huge price and power hole for the average enthusiast. I for one will not spend over 5k on a car that will not break 300whp easily, I would buy a better car. But this hole is where cams come in.

In Europe this car is a big deal so a multitude of companies have cams once again but they are too expensive to ship here.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2603294#post2603294

Boom its on cams are coming!

FirstPlaceOils

FirstPlaceOils.com
Nov 20, 2004
I looked in to cames when I had mine, no luck
decided nitrous was a better bang for the buck,
I'm surprised they are trying to get them for a car they haven't made in 5 years, and in the 3 years they were made there were only like 15,000 built. and how many of those have ended up in the salvage yard....

fastfocus

TCG Elite Member
Nov 30, 2004
the intake cam cant be switched out on those motors, only the exhaust cam or maybe its the other way around, i forgot its been so long since i have been around foci... but i do remember that one of the cams cannot be removed.... i had a reg focus and had kent cams from europe.. made good power

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info