• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

anyone have there valve covers powdercoated ?

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
you have to take the brake booster off.... have fun make sure you remember how it goes back together and take it off slow cause the spring and rod will come flying out. You might have to take the clutch cable off too (that would be the black cable you speak off). not a fun job

there is two hard brake lines under the booster that you will have to take off with a line wrench then use a long extension and swivel to remove the bolts holding the booster to the firewall.

01Sleeper

TCG Elite Member
Dec 11, 2004
I have mine coated, you can remove the driver's without removing the brake booster. I found it much easier to loosen the motor mount and jack under the oil pan. It will rotate the motor just enough to get it off. It is a lot less work than taking off the brake booster

dajudge

dajudge
Jun 15, 2008
how much for you to come over and help me ??????????
i just wanted to get them powdercoated, seems like it may be too much trouble, but i am so close !!!!!!!

I have mine coated, you can remove the driver's without removing the brake booster. I found it much easier to loosen the motor mount and jack under the oil pan. It will rotate the motor just enough to get it off. It is a lot less work than taking off the brake booster

dajudge

dajudge
Jun 15, 2008
if i have to take the booster off, there is no way i am going through that !

you have to take the brake booster off.... have fun make sure you remember how it goes back together and take it off slow cause the spring and rod will come flying out. You might have to take the clutch cable off too (that would be the black cable you speak off). not a fun job

there is two hard brake lines under the booster that you will have to take off with a line wrench then use a long extension and swivel to remove the bolts holding the booster to the firewall.

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005

hmmm maybe you had the motor on a 45 and was crushing a bunch of shit but i tried that (but would never jack the motor from the pan ugh...) but hey who knows maybe you didnt have any wiring ect attatched when you did it.

to the OP... thats quiet the drive to come do all that. But hey money talks i guess so PM me if you really are stuck and need me to help

01Sleeper

TCG Elite Member
Dec 11, 2004
hmmm maybe you had the motor on a 45 and was crushing a bunch of shit but i tried that (but would never jack the motor from the pan ugh...) but hey who knows maybe you didnt have any wiring ect attatched when you did it.

to the OP... thats quiet the drive to come do all that. But hey money talks i guess so PM me if you really are stuck and need me to help

The entire motor and wiring harness was all installed. I didn't jack directly on the oil pan, I used a block of wood and everything was fine. You only have to raise it about 1 inch or so. I have done this 2 times and never had a problem with it.

dajudge

dajudge
Jun 15, 2008
im honestly beginning to think its not worth it, it would look cool and all, but im bound to screw something up !!!

The entire motor and wiring harness was all installed. I didn't jack directly on the oil pan, I used a block of wood and everything was fine. You only have to raise it about 1 inch or so. I have done this 2 times and never had a problem with it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info