• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

76GTS Numbers

Jarrett H

Jun 1, 2007
Had the truck tuned this evening by Kurgan Motorsports. I wanted to max out the boost on 93 pump, but the boost was spiking 2psi before it would level off. After Bob* dealt with a low fuel pressure issue, we got some good numbers at 15psi.

03 Lightning
610.27RWHP and 635.65RWTQ on 93 pump at 15psi.

3057474673_b3c3f2c020_b.jpg

Thanks to Bob for tuning the truck twice and laying on his back underneath my truck.

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
Hey Jarrett...

It was great to meet ya last night.. still cant believe that thing has those crazy 22inch wheels on there LOL.. Glad that things worked out well and we got the numbers you were looking for. im really surprised with the IATs using the stock intercooler!! I think you're crazy for driving that thing as far as you did LOL.. Look forward to seeing you with the electric boost controller and race gas!!

Jarrett H

Jun 1, 2007
Thanks guys (Especially Bob). I've got to fix an annoying ass exhaust leak and I'm going to get a new intake hat welded up that will get rid of that stock factory throttle body/intake elbow assembly. I'm also going to get an aluminum charge and intake pipe fabbed up. I don't know if i'll make the drive to Byron this spring, but more than likely I'll be taking the truck to Cordova.

Jarrett H

Jun 1, 2007
no... it was purchased in FL... He came from the quad cities area to rockford.. about a 2+hr drive... it BARELY ran when it got to the dyno as the original tune was pretty out of wack.

LoL aint that the truth. I would have to give it gas at lights sometimes to keep it from stalling out, then there is the not being able to boost issue... I have an ex girlfriend in Byron, so it was an excuse to see her :rolleyes:.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Pretty sick truck! Who's kit is that? Or is it home fabbricated?

Badass truck!
Ive decided on the GTS turbo (Ball Bearing) for my Mach 1.
Seems to be the most popular and give the best results.

They are popular and work well. But this past year a lot of guys switched to a less costly unit and made more overall power. Check out theturboforums.com and see what guys are switching to. You may not change your mind but worth checking out for sure.

cobrafreak34

Regular
Aug 7, 2007
Sick truck, rims are questionable:D but other then that its tits. I heard the stock intercooler is quite good at cooling, just exceptable to heat sink so watch those highway runs were your constantly boosting for long periods of time. Modular mustang racing makes some sick manifolds with w/e TB location you want:headbang: 600+ rwhp at 15psi with a 2v is very impressive good job Bob

Jarrett H

Jun 1, 2007
actually now that i've looked at it twice those rims do look pretty good on your truck fit the wheel well nicely. I take back what i said what performance tires do they make for 22's to handle 600+ rwhp lol cant be many choices

I've turned the boost down atm to roughly 10-12psi so that I don't have to constantly watch the boost gauge for spikes due to the cold weather. Although, even at that boost level ( i think its ~490rwhp) I cannot hook unless I'm in third. I will throw a pair of slicks on when I take it to the track.

My good buddy lives out by cordova....we should set up a day to meet up at the track next spring. I wanna drive in a turbo L before I start fabbing a kit up for mine. Truck looks really good!

We could definitely do that.

Pretty sick truck! Who's kit is that? Or is it home fabbricated?

It was built by "Jeff McCool" on NLOC. He has built quite a few kits for lightnings over the years. He built a kit on his truck before they even had an aftermarket for lightnings. This kit uses stainless piping and thats about it. I want to do so much to this truck, but the whole reason why I got this instead of a terminator was to haul my dirtbikes around.

Thanks for the compliments. Bob did a good job, as did Mitch*.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info