• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

01-04 S281 wing

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
Ive been thinking about gettin one of these, getting a bit tired of the stock look, I dont want to radically change the appereance of the car only some tasteful touches, I have yet to see a yellow new edge with a saleen wing.
I have a few ??
do I have to drill holes other than the ones already there?
Ive heard fitment on Saleen products sucks, anyone have experience with this?
would it be better to try to go with a whole different trunk instead of drilling holes on mine?
and last Id appreciate some pics, Jimmy, Chad I know you guys have them... Talk to me!!

01Sleeper

TCG Elite Member
Dec 11, 2004
no matter what decklid you have you will need to drill more holes. there are 2 on each side of the trunk up toward the back window, and 1 on each side in the back of the decklid. i have also heard the fitment sucks of actual saleen products. i have one on my car but it is an aftermarket brand... not sure what brand, i bought it used...

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
no matter what decklid you have you will need to drill more holes. there are 2 on each side of the trunk up toward the back window, and 1 on each side in the back of the decklid. i have also heard the fitment sucks of actual saleen products. i have one on my car but it is an aftermarket brand... not sure what brand, i bought it used...
Yea I was thinking about just trying to find a used one, Id just hate to drill holes on mine, If I do it I will look for a different decklid.
got any pics??
still trying to see all the different angles:dancenana:

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX

i have noticed that on true saleen spoilers, that the left side of it kind of warps up a bit.

tinosc281

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2005
saleen wing

saleen wing

Attachments

• saleen 037.jpg
    saleen 037.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 119
  • saleen 082.jpg
    saleen 082.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 128

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
mine came on the car when i bought it.

It is a real Saleen product. to say the least I expeted a WAYYYYY better product from them.

I like the look BUT.

1. it fits like shit.
2. it squeaks and rattles.
3. it hits the fenders and leaft scratches. you MUST put some little rubber pieces on there to keep it from scratching. I will provide pics.
4. 3rd brake light does not fit the opening it is made for.
5. light will turn PINK.

other than that NO PROBLEM. LOL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info