• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Help 04 vibration

98cobra

Nov 5, 2008
I have been a mustang owner for years and I purchased a 2004 cobra convertable with 6400 miles on it in May. While bringing it home from new york we had a bad vibration at 60 and up. owner said probably flat spot and he would pay for tires. Once home we discovered possible previous damage to the front end. lamatta performance here in Orlando has exausted efforts to find it??? We have checked frame it is straight put new springs,shocks,front control arms, new cat back,strut tower brace,full length sub frame connectors, alinment, new tires balance,changed wheels from one that was ok,rebalanced drivshaft, checked pinon angle ok and swaped out the intire IRS from a donan car and no change??? The car drives straight as an arrow and has very slight vib at 58 to 60 and at 62 to 68 shacks you brains out and then settles out at 70 to mild vib until 80 and then is not to noticable. Please if you have any ideas let me know. thanks for your help Cobra98

Fordman

Oct 30, 2007
After i bought my car i noticed the same thing, almost to the point of making me have a migraine every time i went on the high way, it also whined a little bit too.
I took it to ford (under warranty) they rebuilt the rear end and it was still there.
They found out it was the drive shaft. The u bolts had wallowed themselves a bigger hole and vibrated after 60 mph. they replaced the drive shaft and all is well.

Fordman

Oct 30, 2007
Not sure , this is what the service manager told me that the bolts on the shaft had wallowed themselves a bigger hole near the rear end. I never looked, just took them for there word. cause whatever they did it fixed it. maybe the service manager messed up the explanation from the service tech.
I will see what the explanation says on the papers they gave me and let you know

EDIT: checked invoice and all it said was replace drive shaft assembly. sorry no help there.
I guess if you run out of options as a last ditch thing you could see about the following
Have any friends with and 03/04? might be possible to borrow the drive shaft (no small task though) to see if it cures it. they are expensive to replace.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info