• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Fixing a scratch on my hood

Muller857

Money Pit
Dec 10, 2007
Hey guys, My old man dropped a piece of my furnace in my garage on my hood, its right on the front edge above the headlight. I would like to get this fixed, does anyone know of a GOOD place or somebody would fix this like new? Thought about maybe getting an aftermarket hood as well. Let me know if anyone has any ideas, the scractchs/nicks are down to the primer it looks like. Thanks

Muller857

Money Pit
Dec 10, 2007
I dont have a camera but i will try and come up with one. The 2 deepest nicks are about a 1/4 in in diameter, and then there are minor primer deep scratches about an inch long, 2 of them. Its about an inch from the front edge of the hood. I dont know if all this helps or not but what could it cost if the whole hood needed to be repainted? as opposed to if it were just a spot paint. Thanks man, Jason I think im going to get some touch up paint and see if i can live with the results

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I dont have a camera but i will try and come up with one. The 2 deepest nicks are about a 1/4 in in diameter, and then there are minor primer deep scratches about an inch long, 2 of them. Its about an inch from the front edge of the hood. I dont know if all this helps or not but what could it cost if the whole hood needed to be repainted? as opposed to if it were just a spot paint. Thanks man, Jason I think im going to get some touch up paint and see if i can live with the results

to have a hood resprayed (if you bring it in yourself), 200 to 400 bucks depending on paint costs, labor, and body shop.

Bring the car in, quite a bit more cause they'd probably blend it with the fenders.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• M
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list