• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

I bought a ported eaton!!!

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
I just had them powdercoated black and put kenne bell stickers on it....:lmao:
cant wait to put it on! hope the drrrt garage can give me a hand!
041-1.jpg

043.jpg

044.jpg

about2bite

SVTNProgress
Oct 13, 2007
At 23#'s that thing is going to scream. Should put out a very nice amount of power too, I would look into getting a 12" filter on there. I want to say the maf housing on the SCT 2800 allows just enough room for a 12" filter, my 2400's housing is huge and won't easily allow for it.

I just saw a KB where the guy painted the plenum black and it looked pretty sick, figured I'd throw that out there if the bower is going to sit for a bit. I would for sure paint the plenum on mine if it were off.

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
At 23#'s that thing is going to scream. Should put out a very nice amount of power too, I would look into getting a 12" filter on there. I want to say the maf housing on the SCT 2800 allows just enough room for a 12" filter, my 2400's housing is huge and won't easily allow for it.

I just saw a KB where the guy painted the plenum black and it looked pretty sick, figured I'd throw that out there if the bower is going to sit for a bit. I would for sure paint the plenum on mine if it were off.
I got this with the blower too...
042-1.jpg

I kinda like the plenum silver but I wonder how it would look black...

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
I think im gonna go with the bigger pumps since Im gonna run this thing at 23lbs on 110 so a bap might not be enough:dancenana:
:eek: :eek: :eek: Congrats Izzy, glad you finally got it. :headbang:

Like was said earlier.....get all the parts you need to knock the job out all at once. The blower/injectors/BAP/MAF is about a 4-6 hours job. I still have the stock pumps in my car, so I'm not sure how long the pumps would take. You'll also need a base tune to get it running until you can get it tuned.

If you get all your stuff squared away you're always welcome to use my garage on a day when some of the DRRRT crew is around for the install. Plenty of room/tools/lights/beer/etc.

Can't wait to see what it's capable of at 23 psi in a semi-lightened car. :biggthump

P.S. - You might just want a straight shot 12" filter setup mounted near the TB. (See RD Snakes's car for pics/results).

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
Thanks a lot guys!! Im really exited about it, the blower is 2.8H so it should shine at 23lbs.
Larry thankyou for the offer, wherever you guys can give me a hand doing the install is great and I appreciate it.
Bob, I will be in touch with you about those fuel mods:dancenana:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info