• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Hawk Brake Pads

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
do u have the HPS?

i have those and they make a lot of noise but thats cuz my lazy ass "forgot" to put the brake grease on the sliders and back of the pads. mine make noise even when im not braking, does urs do that?

ive driven jon's car (01cobra) and he has hawk hps up front and his made no noise at all.
u probably just need more grease on there.

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
I have them on the front. Seem to stop the same as stock. Dust went up though. And they are kinda loud at low speeds when im pulling into my driveway.

+1 on the dust.

do u have the HPS?

i have those and they make a lot of noise but thats cuz my lazy ass "forgot" to put the brake grease on the sliders and back of the pads. mine make noise even when im not braking, does urs do that?

ive driven jon's car (01cobra) and he has hawk hps up front and his made no noise at all.
u probably just need more grease on there.

I will check that out. Thanks!

Slow99x

ZOMBIE kill of the week
Jul 20, 2007
Some cars make a TON of noise with HPS pads like my 99 vert did and some cars make none at all like my Termi. I don't know what we did different with the 03 but they are perfectly quiet. The 99 was so loud that I was ready to pull them out the next day.

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006
I have had Hawk HPS on the front with brembo blanks. No noise. I now have EBC yellows on the front with the same brembo blanks. No noise.

On the rear I now have Hawk HPS pads on brembo blanks. I was sure to use the supplied grease to put on the back of the brake pad. No noise at all.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I had the Hawk HPS pads when I still had my factory Cobra calipers. In my opinion, they are inferior to the stock pads. They didn't have a very good initial bite and required more pedal pressure to stop the car.

I still have them on the rears, but the metal backing plate is breaking away from the pad which is causing a mild squeak at low speeds.

The HPS pads are junk IMO and you're better off with the factory stock pads. However, they never really dusted any worse than the stock ones. The rears actually dust less than stock.

I prefer to deal with a higher dusting pad which has better performance than to have a clean pad which might not stop the car as well. The pads that came with my Brembo calipers dust a LOT but they feel great. I keep one of those "Swiffer" dusters in the car so I can clean the wheels if they get dirty.

jvert

Go Bulls and Cubs
Jul 27, 2006
I have Hawks HPS pads on all four corners and Brembo slotted discs on all four corners as well and no noise here. But they are a bit dusty. The reason I went with slotted cause they didnt have the brembo blanks for another 2 months and I didnt want to wait that log to drive my car.:)

brakes002.jpg
[/IMG]

brakes003.jpg
[/IMG]

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
The HPS pads are junk IMO and you're better off with the factory stock pads. However, they never really dusted any worse than the stock ones. The rears actually dust less than stock.

i have yet to test out how they do when hot but im not unhappy with them for a street pad. nothing will have better bite than the stock pad when cold. from what i gather, the HPS pads are meant for harder street use and not meant to be a stock replacement type pad.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info