• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

The Verdict on the Focus Motor

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
So I got the call yesterday, and it was not all bad news. It was a costly error on my part not a defect or anything along those lines.

3 Weeks ago I drove through a pretty deep puddle of water when we had those floods in NW Indiana, this caused my right side balast on the HID to go out along with my alternator.

So when I changed out the alternator wich was a major pain in the ass, in the process of puzzling it out I cracked the plastic timing belt cover. So that little cracked piece over time fell into the timing belt causing it to skip 3 teeth and damage all 4 exhaust valves. The pistons are fine and the head is fine. So a costly $1800 mistake on my part.

Im just glad in a weird way that it was me and not a Ford defect cuz I always thought that svt focus motors were built pretty well. By the way I saw the internals and the motor was maintained very well, like the car has 10k on it instead of 55k.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info