• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

I'm fed up

Rotard

No respect
Jul 11, 2007
Test drove an STI today, few mods, deal came out of nowhere, my Dad actually referred me to it. What sux is there is no way this deal can happen and now driving the Focus I just notice all te problems with it. Not just the speed but the rattle and squeaks. The STI was the same age, mileage, with a harder past and rode better and more solid than my car. AND MINES ALSO SUPPOSED TO HAVE RALLY HERITAGE!?:ar:I know this is a cobra site and ill here that an STI sux and buy a stang but its what I like and thought I could afford. The insurance would actually be less than what I'm paying now. Sorry for the rant just had to vent

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Test drove an STI today, few mods, deal came out of nowhere, my Dad actually referred me to it. What sux is there is no way this deal can happen and now driving the Focus I just notice all te problems with it. Not just the speed but the rattle and squeaks. The STI was the same age, mileage, with a harder past and rode better and more solid than my car. AND MINES ALSO SUPPOSED TO HAVE RALLY HERITAGE!?:ar:I know this is a cobra site and ill here that an STI sux and buy a stang but its what I like and thought I could afford. The insurance would actually be less than what I'm paying now. Sorry for the rant just had to vent

They cost over double the price for a reason. STI > Focus in every way and that's all there is to it.

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Jun 27, 2005
Test drove an STI today, few mods, deal came out of nowhere, my Dad actually referred me to it. What sux is there is no way this deal can happen and now driving the Focus I just notice all te problems with it. Not just the speed but the rattle and squeaks. The STI was the same age, mileage, with a harder past and rode better and more solid than my car. AND MINES ALSO SUPPOSED TO HAVE RALLY HERITAGE!?:ar:I know this is a SVT site and ill here that an STI sux and buy a stang but its what I like and thought I could afford. The insurance would actually be less than what I'm paying now. Sorry for the rant just had to vent

fixed it for you, this site if for svt's...cobra's arnt the only svt out there.

Mystic544

TimmaY
Apr 7, 2004
Peoria, AZ
insurance would actually be less than what I'm paying now
You had better double check that...especially if you are young!
Those turbo boy racer cars are notorious for nasty insurance costs!
One of the big reasons I said no the the WRX and yes the SVT Focus

I can see where you are coming form - AWD for f-ing winter that is around the corner and the opportunity to mod a WRX STI for fun power and handeling
I still think the older cars look better then the new ones....

Rotard

No respect
Jul 11, 2007
Thanks WhtSuperStang! After a day of driving and thinking it over my car really isn't that bad and its better in the long run to not go out and spend exhorbent amounts of money that EVERYONE has, espaecially as young as I am. I saw 5 white STIs today and have only seen 1 other SVTF so I am kinda glad i didnt go into that deal, its kinda nice being unique.

Rotard

No respect
Jul 11, 2007
Well today I decided that modding is done on the car, money will now be diverted to the next project. I'm going to begin to look in the next 6 months or so and soon I hope to have a V8 throbbing under my right foot :headbang: I've always had a soft spot for a trans am but the termis have really looked sweet lately. Nothing serous and I still might end up with the car for a while but I'm definitely going to stop putting money into it.

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
The Subaru Legacy GT is AWD and has the STi engine but looks like a normal car. I love mine for a daily. Plus the they are cheap as hell if you get them used.

+1 legacy looks great and probably doesn't have the larger insurance costs.

Keep the focus, I always snap my neck when i see one. Id get one because they are getting cheaper and I hear fun to drive, but I just cant see myself driving one.

Rotard

No respect
Jul 11, 2007
I'm going there at 12 to file some paperwork and see if its totaled. Right now its looking like a win-win since if it's totaled I can get something faster, but if it isn't I get my bumpers painted, which it needed, and possibly the pass. door fixed since the clear was coming off on the edges of the door. If given the choice though I do want my car back, I can't really handle the hassle of going out and getting something else and I really have become attached to this car. Besides in a way its become a part of me since EVERYONE I know tells me how they saw me driving the other day cause they saw my car, and is always wondering where it is, and if I got an STI, stang, or camaro, etc some of that individuality would go away.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info