• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Front Sway Bar Bolt Stripped From Mount

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
Trying to take the front sway bar off. Everything was going smooth until I tried the drivers side back bolt that holds the sway bar up. It was tight as fuck then broke loose, got hard again then stripped.

Any idea how to get it off?

SBmount.jpg

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
find another nut that fits that stud, screw it in against the other nut then find a long socket and turn them both
or
if the nut is down far enough try a grinder with a cutoff wheel and see if yo got enough room to chop it

I'd have to see someone do that cause I don't know how it would work without spinning both of them at the same time. But thanks for the help. I ended up taking the pass side mount off and pulling the SB out the driver side mount.

Mountt.jpg

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
never seen that before, could get interesting

your probably going to have to hack up that whole swaybar bracket with a grinder and buy a new one to get it out.

my only suggestion is to try and get a visegrips on the stud on the flat"ish" part on the end and then try and go at it with a wrench.
As a last resort before hacking it up try and grab it by the threaded part with the visegrips and go at the nut with a wrench
Use big visegrips and get them on their fuggin tight

good luck

p.s.-how you planning to go round corners with no swaybar :)

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
never seen that before, could get interesting

your probably going to have to hack up that whole swaybar bracket with a grinder and buy a new one to get it out.

my only suggestion is to try and get a visegrips on the stud on the flat"ish" part on the end and then try and go at it with a wrench.
As a last resort before hacking it up try and grab it by the threaded part with the visegrips and go at the nut with a wrench
Use big visegrips and get them on their fuggin tight

good luck

p.s.-how you planning to go round corners with no swaybar :)

he's gonna have a fat kid in the back seat move to the side that needs weight.

uofipilot

Regular
Jun 29, 2008
Same thing happened with my rear sway bar whn I was changing the LCAs. I had to torch the shit out of and then got the stripped side really tight with a vice grips and the other side with a socket and breaker bar. It took two pwoplw, me on one side and put dad on the other. It was a biznatch, but eventually we got it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info