• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

PCV Breather Filter VS Stock question

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
Surfing on SVTP I found these comments about only having a breather cap on the passenger side.....

I'm curious. I saw another members car on here and he didn't have the PCV system hooked up only breathers on the front pass side or the rear drives and said it was causing some issues.

My car has idled funky since I got it re tuned with the KB and thats when the breather was put on. Could this be the issue?

What are you guys running? Issues?

it looks great but am i the only one noticing you have the pcv hooked up on one side and a breather on the other? at part throttle you will be sucking in unmetered air.

Looks Very Nice! :rockon:

How about doing an EGR delete and showing off the blower a little more!

I just wanted to add that I see you are running the PCV system on one side and a breather on the other. You should either have all breathers or none. The way it is right now is allowing unmetered air into the engine. Just an FYI.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
They are correct with the unmetered air, however when you replace the PCV on the driver side you are creating a vacum leak as well unless you plug the line that comes from the lower intake. Most of the mess I see people run into is oil seeping and that makes your engine filthy. FYI, if you go with two breathers also expect the gas fumes smell in the car as they are cirulating in the engine compartment and through your vents. I tried this with my EGR delete and did not like it want to go back to PCV.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• M
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list