• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Black rims!!!!!!! any ideas?!

futbolislif22

see ya
Oct 11, 2007
Hey guys i currently have a set of fr500 rims on my 03 cobra and I'm looking to get rid of them and get some black rims put on my car. They are 17x9 and 17x10.5. I was wondering what kind of black rims i should get? i have a 03 sonic blue cobra and i wanted to go with a bigger rim as well? maybe 18 or 19 inch? What is the highest i can go? I do want to have 315's in the back so will that play a factor in the bigger inch rim. i have seem other cars with 19x11? Oh and i kinda like the stock rims painted black but i wanna go BIGGGG. Lemme know guys thanks!

SONICobra

ITS STOK
Dec 1, 2005
19's are too big on our cars IMO, id go 18's max. it really depends on how much youre looking to spend, ccw and trueforged have some really really nice wheels that are sick...what i will have one day. or if youre looking for something a little less pricey you can get black oem wheels 17X10.5 maybe 18X10.5 (not sure bout that though) black 03 cobra replicas or saleens.

Slow99x

ZOMBIE kill of the week
Jul 20, 2007
There is that black Vert that was at the Victor Ford show. He had the carbonfiber hood and trunk and the Saleen wing. Anyway, that car has 20 inch iForged wheels in back and 19s up front. They look tits but performance for shit when you star going that big.

Muller857

Money Pit
Dec 10, 2007
I have 18 x 10s in the back with a 305 and it was a good thing i oredered the low profile irs bolts cus the stock ones were gonna rub, so i think you might need spacers or a custom offset. Otherwise heres a few pics
IMG_7801.jpg

IMG_7833.jpg

IMG_7794.jpg

Good Luck, its gonna be tough to make it look bad.. Jason

futbolislif22

see ya
Oct 11, 2007
19's are too big on our cars IMO, id go 18's max. it really depends on how much youre looking to spend, ccw and trueforged have some really really nice wheels that are sick...what i will have one day. or if youre looking for something a little less pricey you can get black oem wheels 17X10.5 maybe 18X10.5 (not sure bout that though) black 03 cobra replicas or saleens.

what kind of rims you rocking with that sonic blue cobra in your picture?

ITLLOWNU

oh hai!
Jan 1, 2008
Hey guys i currently have a set of fr500 rims on my 03 cobra and I'm looking to get rid of them and get some black rims put on my car. They are 17x9 and 17x10.5. I was wondering what kind of black rims i should get? i have a 03 sonic blue cobra and i wanted to go with a bigger rim as well? maybe 18 or 19 inch? What is the highest i can go? I do want to have 315's in the back so will that play a factor in the bigger inch rim. i have seem other cars with 19x11? Oh and i kinda like the stock rims painted black but i wanna go BIGGGG. Lemme know guys thanks!

what color are your fr 500s and what tires on them??

futbolislif22

see ya
Oct 11, 2007
Alright, so I can either get some black 18" Saleen rims sent to my house for 400$ but with no tires. Or order some black 03 cobra replicas off cruisionzoncepts or whatever. Thing is If I go with the 18" saleens can I go 315" in the back or will I have to get spacers? 1/2"?? and where can I get those?? Lemme know guys Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info