• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

SLP Line Lock Installation Help

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
Find someone with hands the size of a 3 year old girl.

True that. Tight quarters in there.

There seems to have been a disproportionate number of solenoid failures which most are attributing to its proximity to the headers on these cars.

I think this question was raised on ModFords. Maybe someone over there came up with an answer.

I heard people having problem with it no holding the brakes down all the way or them having the smash the shit out of the brake to get it to hold. Some said the cause was because the breaks weren't properly bled after the install. I plan on bleeding the brakes and master cycl.

Anyone know shich i should start with first? The master cycl?

vadorsnake04

TCG Elite Member
Apr 24, 2006
i bleed my brakes first, then the master cylinder after that. The main pointer i can say is be very careful when you put the lines into the cylinder because, thos brake lines can be ruined very easily, you can be crossthreading them and not even be turning very hard on it. But all in all i thought it was a pretty easy and straight forward install to do. You can shoot me a pm or somthing if you have any questions with it.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
Man, when I had my kit and looked at putting it in, the cost of brakes was WWWAAAAYYY to cheap to bother, NO RISK of failure, sold it for 25.00 less than I paid,,,,screw that.

I just looked at the picture of your car and it looks like you need them, oh well, I don't, so thats why I didn't bother.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info