• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Rolling rear fenders...

Shmirgin44

Fire and Ice
Aug 14, 2007
EDIT, title should read fenders. (that's what happens on a monday morning before i get my coffee)

Since my BFG's are now slicks, I am going to try out a set of MT ET streets.

I know I am going to need to roll the rear fenders for clearance.

I was looking at them last night and they seem pretty thick and there are several tack welds along them.

Anyone who has rolled fenders, I am looking for tips so I do this right the 1st time.

Shmirgin44

Fire and Ice
Aug 14, 2007
I've heard that the MT 305's run on the wide side. Also, I may need spacers to clear the shock mount for the 9" rear...looks like it will be close. With the spacers on, it will be even closer to rubbing. I want to keep the stock look as much as possible, so trying to avoid spacers if possible.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I've heard that the MT 305's run on the wide side. Also, I may need spacers to clear the shock mount for the 9" rear...looks like it will be close. With the spacers on, it will be even closer to rubbing. I want to keep the stock look as much as possible, so trying to avoid spacers if possible.

you mean, you want the rims tucked in:dunno:

well the 305's might rub with your set up, i know with they dont on stock suspension cars. But you got that 9" so i dont know whats goin on back there. 3v2000gt should chime in here, he as well has a 9", i would PM him and chat with him about it.

Shmirgin44

Fire and Ice
Aug 14, 2007
Thanks for the info! I just wan't to avoid the hassle of getting them mounted and realizing that they rub and trying to troubleshoot it at the tire place while it's up on their lift. I am worried that if I need to get spacers I'll need to get even longer studs from Moser and who knows how long that'll take...

SONICobra

ITS STOK
Dec 1, 2005
like i was saying before you might be better off giving hans a call and see if he can roll them for you one night, he has the tool and has done it before. if you really want to do it yourself though i know you can rent one online with like a $250 deposit + $50 and shipping i think. i looked into a while back so i forget exactly what it was, i think hans did mine for $75 so it was just easier for me.

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Jun 27, 2005
like i was saying before you might be better off giving hans a call and see if he can roll them for you one night, he has the tool and has done it before. if you really want to do it yourself though i know you can rent one online with like a $250 deposit + $50 and shipping i think. i looked into a while back so i forget exactly what it was, i think hans did mine for $75 so it was just easier for me.

+1,000,000 for calling Hans

Dewalt03cobra

Dewalt03Cobra
Dec 3, 2004
I borrowed a fender roller and rolled my own fenders. It's VERY easy to do without doing any damage. Just take your time, use a heat gun to keep the lip hot so the paint don't crack, go slow don't roll to much too fast, and always have the roller pushing on the side of the lip, never the edge. Last, Don't roll down too far down it's unnecessary. This was what I was told, I followed it, and it came out perfect. Very easy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info