• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

dead battery or dead alternator

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
battery died in the cobra the other day so i ripped out the battery and brought it over to the local Never Any Parts Available to get it tested. it didnt test as defective but it had zero charge. so i had them charge it up for me. i just put it in the car and it started right up but it still was reading low voltage. i let it idle for a couple minutes and sure enough the battery light went on again.

so does this mean the alternator is toast? i guess the only way to find that out is to pull that off and have them test it.

so in one week i have a possible blown head gasket and either a dead battery or dead alternator. :BoomS:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info