• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

what hp and boost with 2.93 upper

gteatr6

Regular
Jun 6, 2008
I have an 04 cobra with upr cai, mac chamber mid pipe, stock cat back, 2.93 pulley, a diablo mafia, and now custom tune. The car made 431 hp and 427 lbs tq last night. (Thankyou Bob Kurgan:D) But it was only making 10.8 lbs of boost and no belt slippage at all. Not to worried about the hp since I still have stock cat back, but the boost seemed awful low. Should I try a different cai? Any ideas? Thanks, Rob

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
I'd be willing to bet the belt is slipping a tiny bit. Replacing the belt would be a cheap/easy way to confirm this. The stock/restrictive cat back cause a higher boost #s due to stacking and maybe it is possible to lose 2psi going from 4 cats to 0.

i can tell you with 99% confidence that there is almost no belt slip.. The boost actually never drops during the run. There is no belt dust AND the belt is VERY tight to my standards..

The only thing that im questioning is that it was a "used" lightning pulley... maybe its not a 2.93 and instead a 3.1?

Emil

Regular
May 1, 2004
i can tell you with 99% confidence that there is almost no belt slip.. The boost actually never drops during the run. There is no belt dust AND the belt is VERY tight to my standards..

The only thing that im questioning is that it was a "used" lightning pulley... maybe its not a 2.93 and instead a 3.1?

That's a good guess, with my 3.1 I get about 11psi boost with 11.5-12psi in the best case when it's cold.

gteatr6

Regular
Jun 6, 2008
I put a new dayco poly cog belt on the car 2 days before I had Bob dyno it. It is a 74 inch belt and was pretty hard to get on compared to a used one that came with the pulley. I have a digital caliper at home. I will try to measure the pulley and see what size it is. I'll assume it should be measured at the belt grooves.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info