• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

What Drag Radial to run on Stock 17x9 rim

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
Well I almost had the hook up on 295's from Just Tires but that turned out to be a farse :dancenana:

I was going to go with nitto 315's but I called Speed Inc and they said they dont make those anymore.

I've run a MT 275 and I like them but Im looking for something a little wider on street duty. I also would like something with a decent sidewall.

What are my options for DR's on the stock rims?

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
At this point anything you can find as long as they stick! I'm trying to hold off until next year, as I am hurting for cash and trying to sell off stuff. Not sure what combo I will run next yr. yet. Can't decide if I should keep the drag look or the FR500s.

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005

Meh. I don't think I want to sacrafice look for hook. I've got the slicks for that. Might be a last resort though.

At this point anything you can find as long as they stick! I'm trying to hold off until next year, as I am hurting for cash and trying to sell off stuff. Not sure what combo I will run next yr. yet. Can't decide if I should keep the drag look or the FR500s.

Maybe I'll look around for a used set...

Keep the drag look. Car looked sick at Meijer.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
only 315 that will fit on a stock rim is a nitto. BFG/MT/Hoosier all too wide.

Have you looked into R compound road tires? not a drag radial, but a street/track road course tire? like the nitto 555RII or the toyo proxes? you're just lookin for something that will grip when you punch from a roll right? no launches on the street?

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
only 315 that will fit on a stock rim is a nitto. BFG/MT/Hoosier all too wide.

Have you looked into R compound road tires? not a drag radial, but a street/track road course tire? like the nitto 555RII or the toyo proxes? you're just lookin for something that will grip when you punch from a roll right? no launches on the street?

No Im looking for something that I can still get some type of traction from a light.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info