• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Car is apart again... this is a new one for me *pics and vid*

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
I think I have seen it all now.... LOL If something happens it happens to me. I guess thats how I have learned so much and how to do jobs faster and easier. I had this all apart in just under an hour :eek:

Thought I had a bad starter, then I thought that my flywheel to crank bolts came lose cause the starter wasnt spinning the flywheel and the flywheel was moving when I pushed on the teeth through the inspection sheild on the bellhousing for the clutch. So I just pulled my trans, clutch, and flywheel only to find out that the ring on the flywheel that the teeth are on is spinning freely on the flywheel. WTF???? I have a couple pics and a video of what its doing below.

I guess the question is.... has anyone seen this happen before and whats the next step? Can I get the ring tac welded back onto the flywheel and call it good? Or do I have to just get a new flywheel?

flywheelissue2.jpg

VIDEO

flywheelissue1.jpg

flywheelissue4.jpg

flywheelissue5.jpg

flywheelissue7.jpg

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
First time Ive ever heard of anything like that....

Although youre just talking a few tac welds, would that affect the balance of the flywheel at all ??? I would think it would, so I would be on the safe side and just throw a new flywheel in there...

Modular motors are nutrally balanced. Unlike pushrod cars that have to have matching flywheel weight to balancer weight. So I dont see how it would affect anything.

MGT: I bought this flywheel like all my parts for the most part...USED lol I bought it from MustangMike and it worked perfectly fine up until now.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
:laughing2 but it does get back up and running in no time. :biggthump Just get a new one. Make sure it's strong so u can launch at 6k w/o fuckin shit up :headbang:

:lmao: it's like I cut a 1.2 60' on her ass and got the front legs up. She didn't even see it coming when i decided to donkey punch the shit out of her.

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
race car
hope you get it fixed....time for new tires homie.

Yeah I'm past due. Its only N/A and it blows these 315DR's off at 20psi like nothing :cool2:

damn all under an hour?? good shit, hope you ger her fixed up!

I sit and think about it.....think about it some more....think of how I could do it quicker this time... and then snap off, go out in the garage and get all crazy and usually my arms will go numb from no circulation :laughing2

Sorry to hear chad. Hope it's up quick.

I swear your car has been down more times than a whore in singapore.

Yeah shes a dirty bitch but she has a good pit crew. I'm in and out and back on the pavement in no time. :burnout:

:laughing2 but it does get back up and running in no time. :biggthump Just get a new one. Make sure it's strong so u can launch at 6k w/o fuckin shit up :headbang:

Yeah buddy.... I wanna see daylight under my drivers tire at the track all N/A full weight before the end of the season :eek: :headbang:

Jon 01Cobra has one for me. I called him a little while ago. He was going to meet up with me tonight to get it but I need to get to bed for work in the early AM. I'm sure I will get it from him tomorrow and have it re-surfaced and the car back on the road Saturday for sure.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Modular motors are nutrally balanced. Unlike pushrod cars that have to have matching flywheel weight to balancer weight. So I dont see how it would affect anything.

MGT: I bought this flywheel like all my parts for the most part...USED lol I bought it from MustangMike and it worked perfectly fine up until now.

Good to know. I pay zero attention to the mod motors. :eek:h:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info