• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

can i use this pressure plate with this clutch disc

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Jun 27, 2005
After i blew my t-45 i got an MMR pro trans 750 with a 26 spline input shaft. i planned to do a lot of racing (that went out the window) so i put in a centerforce DFX clutch disc to hold any power i threw at it. I also have an 01 cobra flywheel and a 03 cobra pressure plate.

I hate the feeling of the stiff cluch and its a pain in the ass to drive in heavy traffic.

After driving Chad's (qwik01cobra) car I hate the stiffness of my clutch. could i change my 03 pressure plate for a softer one like a stock 01 with DFX clutch disc without any issues?

Thanks for any and all help

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
I have ran my stock clutch(es) with over 400hp/400tq with out any issues. Your better off just using a spec stage 1 or king cobra clutch it will handle over 400ft/lbs and will be 10 times softer on the pedal than that hunk of shit DFX that you have in there. I hate those damn clutches it makes the car miserable to drive IMO

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
We put in the FRPP 01 cobra clutch upgrade kit (the supposed 10% increased holding power) in our car when we did the six speed. Its as soft as the stock clutch but will grab on rev limiter launches like its nothin. I know mines only makin 260hp, but still should be able to handle yours with out a problem.

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Jun 27, 2005
so why aren't you going to be racing?

I broke too much crap in one year, took too long to pay off...

Im in college/graduate school and cant afford for really expensive stuff to break..

the set up i have now is a BEAST at the track (even tho i only have a 1 or 2 passes on it...i built it with the intention to never break when racing then my priorities changed) but for daily driving its getting old. I Love driving peoples cars with soft clutches now..lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info